Do we really need to say more when it comes to Southeastern North Carolina? Probably. Our beaches are some of the best in the world. The crystalline waters, the pristine shores, and access to rare wildlife are just the beginning of what makes North Carolina beaches so special.
Spend the day paddling at Wrightsville Beach, strolling Carolina Beach’s festive boardwalk, or scouting out sea turtles on Masonboro Island and you will want to stay forever. And the best part is, you can!
What makes North Carolina beaches special?
- Something for everyone: Whether you are looking for a family friendly beach for the perfect beach picnic with grandkids, extreme (or not so extreme) water sports, a candlelit dinner with fresh sea breeze, or a beach walk in delicious solitude, you will find it from at least one of our many beaches here in Southeastern North Carolina.
- Safe and clean: Despite nearly a hundred miles of coastline in the Cape Fear area, beaches in Southeastern North Carolina are always safe and clean. What you won’t see: too much seaweed and litter. What you will enjoy: picturesque piers, dolphins, friendly beachgoers, and plenty of room to sunbathe.
- Laid back: relaxed is just the way of life around here. It’s in the friendly way that we greet each other on morning beach-walks, afternoons lazing in the sand, or a peaceful evening of angler fishing. Our beaches are not too crowded or overdeveloped, but there’s still plenty of amenities when you want them from dining to scuba diving.
What are the best beaches in Southeastern North Carolina?
- Wrightsville Beach: A quick drive from Wilmington, Wrightsville Beach is perfect for surfers and active beach goers with plenty of room for picnics and sunbathing. With nearby kayaking, SUP paddling, jogging trails, and golf you can’t explore it all in one day, or even a week. 40 access points for the beach, many of which include restrooms and showers, makes Wrightsville a great spot for a stress-free beach day. Stop in at one of the many bars and restaurants for dinner and live music.
- Carolina Beach: The Carolina Beach Boardwalk has been named one of the ten best boardwalks by Food and Wine magazine, and it’s easy to see why. In addition to cute shops and restaurants, the boardwalk hosts live music events, festivals, and barbecue competitions year-round. For the young at heart or an easy nomination for the best grandparent award, enjoy the Ferris Wheel and amusement park rides. The nearby Carolina Beach State Park is the perfect place to spot the Venus Flytrap in its native habitat, a one-hundred-mile radius around Wilmington, NC.
- Oak Island Beach: Just outside of Southport, Oak Island Beach in Brunswick County boasts the calmest waters for wading, afternoons sunbathing on sparkling white sand, and, a beachfront rarity, free parking. Beachgoers enjoy the family-friendly atmosphere, fishing piers, as well as nearby shops and local seafood restaurants.
- Island Beaches: Visit our most secluded beaches on Bald Head Island and Masonboro Island to explore untouched coastal habitats and spot endangered species such as nesting loggerhead and green sea turtles. Birdwatchers will enjoy nearly 300 unique bird species and hikes through serene estuaries and pristine dunes. Both beaches can be accessed by ferry and don’t allow cars, to preserve the unique environment.
With our miles of wide, sandy beaches, nature’s finest wildlife, and fun beach activities, you might find that you aren’t ready to leave. Don’t worry, our experienced agents at CCREG are here to help you stay by our shining waters forever. We would love to find you the perfect coastal home where you can relax and enjoy everything that our amazing beaches have to offer. Please get in touch to learn more: 855-902-9575.